Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another Father's Thoughts




Here's David Kazzie, who shares his feelings about fatherhood. Dave is my former sports editor at The Cavalier Daily, and he is now an attorney and aspiring novelist.


Age? 35
Number of children and their ages? 2 kids (3 and 10 months)
Occupation? Lawyer
What is the best part about being a father? All of it.
What is the toughest challenge you face as a father? The worrying.
How has fatherhood changed since you were a child? I'm way more involved in the day to day stuff since my dad worked and my mom stayed at home with us.
How are you a different father than your father? I don't know yet.
How has being a father affected your relationship with your father? It hasn't really.
What’s the best advice about fatherhood that you’ve received? Don't negotiate with terrorists.
How do you balance the demands of your career with your responsibilities (and dreams) as a father? I pursue my dreams after the kids are in bed.
How do you find time for yourself? I made sure those kids slept through the night from an early age.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and the bourbon. Always have plenty of bourbon on hand.

    I should correct one thing -- The advice to not negotiate with terrorists is advice that I give. It's the best way to describe parenting young children. Children are like terrorists. They cling to irrational beliefs, and they don't care what they destroy to get their way. You can't negotiate with them. You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists.
    Thanks, W! We did get something from your presidency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kazzie, you are brilliant! I will be sharing your non-negotiation tactics with all my friends!

    ReplyDelete