Friday, July 10, 2009

The Simple Life


Old Wahoo is a big fan of The Simple Life - not the Paris Hilton-Nicole Ritchie scarefest that was on TV a few years ago, but the basic things that can make life great. 
Take today for instance, which was by far the best day of the week. Rob, Alex and I went for a bike ride to the playground, where the boys had a great time on the monkeybars and slides. Then we came home, drank lemonade, played soccer and watered the garden.
No agendas, no plans, no great ideas. Just playing. It's too bad getting to The Simple Life can be so complicated.
What are the simple things you like?

1 comment:

  1. I think my current fave is swimming in the afternoon followed by PB & Js, carrot sticks, fruit and maybe a popsicle from the concession stand at the park. The most amazing thing to me is that I am a better parent when I stick to the "simple things" instead of having a complicated plan.

    ReplyDelete