Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Forever Young (Yeah, Right)

Kids make you feel young.

Old Wahoo does not buy that saying for one second. (Two sentences, two cliches - not bad, huh?) Back in the forgotten times (i.e., before kids), I never needed a nap and never wanted one. Now I need to get a nap every day, and that makes me feel old (or at least older). 
That's OK, though. I'm not a kid anymore. I don't need to feel young around them. I just need to remember what it was like to be young, to be a kid. When I can do that (and I don't do that often enough), I'm a better parent.
Besides, the kids won't let me feel too young, especially the kindergartner and his honesty. The other day, after I combed his hair to get him ready for school, he asked if he could brush my hair. After a few hacks at my scalp, he said, "Dad, I can't cover up that bald spot."

No comments:

Post a Comment