Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lawn Mower Etiquette

As Old Wahoo gets older, he realizes that stupid, little things irk him more and more. (So much for becoming more patient as I grow older.) For instance, the lack of lawn mower etiquette - a small bunch of unwritten rules for cutting the grass - is tiresome. Really, there's not much to lawn mower etiquette, just two simple rules: 1. No lawn mowing on Sundays before noon. 2. On all other days, no lawn mowing before 9 a.m.
Look, I understand that many people are pressed for time,  I understand that many people need to use landscaping services, and I understand that landscapers often need to work on several lawns a day. But there's still no good reason to cut grass so early in the morning.
There, I've gotten that off my chest. I hope my kids were listening because if there's one thing I hope they learn in life, it's lawn mower etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment