Friday, February 27, 2009

The Week in Review

Best thing I've read: ESPN.com's Pat Forde's great article on the Elliott County Lions, a high school basketball team trying to give Kentucky its own version of the Milan Miracle. I also enjoyed Michael Lewis piece on Shane Battier in The New York Times Magazine, even if it is a couple of weeks old. I'm also reading Ian O'Connor's book, "Arnie and Jack."
Best thing I've read to the kids: "R is for Racing." The boys, especially Alex, are really into NASCAR right now.
Same old story: Haven't the Redskins always spent big money on free agents? Does it ever work? Albert Haynesworth, as talented as he is, has a checkered history.
Coming up: Laura's birthday is next week. Big festivities are planned. I'm also looking forward to the Accenture Match Play, even with Tiger out of the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment