Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

Rob just told me he can think of three things for which I'm thankful: Rob, Alex and Matt. He's right. I can't imagine what my life was like before they were around, and their smiles can make any day better.
I'm thankful for a lot more, and I have to thank them for that, too, because the boys have given me a greater appreciation for everything. So today, the day before Thanksgiving, I'd like to thank my parents, for raising me, looking after me and worrying about me, and for all their love. Thanks to my brother, for putting up with me, for being my best friend despite all the sibling dust-ups (much like the ones I witness now). Thanks to my grandmothers, for their wisdom and unconditional love. Thanks to Craig and Ginger, for all of their help, for their love of the boys and most importantly, for Laura. Thanks most of all to Laura, for being a fantastic mother and wife, for her steadfastness, her sweetness, her heart (and those beautiful eyes that well with tears).*
And thanks to all of my friends and family, for helping me to get by.

*Old Wahoo apologizes for the schmaltziness of this post. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment