Monday, May 10, 2010

Saving Your Children's Brains

Old Wahoo rejects censorship, though that belief was tested when his kids listened to a Miley Cyrus song last night. I want my kids to grow up to be smart, creative, open-minded people, and I believe in exposing them to different culture, music, art, etc. Heck, I don't mind them watching bad TV (partly because I'm lazy, and partly because I'm rediscovering Public Enemy right now), but Miss Miley is pushing it a bit far. 
I'm sure she is a fine person, but I her music begs for silence, either by turning it off or my obeying your mother. I will do both. I will turn it off, and urge my kids to listen to anything different. Menudo. Madonna. Matchbox 20. (OK, maybe not them.) 
And since my mother told me that if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, I'll try to hold my tongue about "Party in the USA." Hey, I guess it's better than her dad's songs. That's not too bad, is it? 
(Warning: Some of these links will turn your brains to mush, just like the faces of those bad guys in "Raiders of the Lost Ark.")

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the person responsible for bringing Miley Cyrus into your house, you are welcome. I also thank your boys for teaching Wes how to turn regular household objects into weapons. I think we are even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well played, Mrs. Ramsey. Well played.

    ReplyDelete