Monday, August 3, 2009

Putt-Putt for the @#!&*! Fun of It

As a kid, Old Wahoo loved miniature golf. I used to go to the putt-putt in Cradock with my brother and my grandparents, and I always wanted to play more.
So as a father, taking the three boys to play putt-putt should be natural. I should love it. I should enjoy the time spent together.
But after playing 36 holes of miniature golf for the not-so-small sum of $48.50, I hope I never see another putt-putt course. It was an excruciating experience in which the kids shut off their ears, ignored me at every opportunity and clowned around the area. Which, I know, is basically what kids do when they play putt-putt. I'm sure I did the same thing.
Still, I can't help wishing that the boys would follow some simple putt-putt etiquette. Such as listening. Or waiting until the ball has stopped before taking another shot. Or actually aiming before putting. Or holding the putter correctly. Or waiting for their partners to finish before going on to the next hole. 
After all, if they become good enough, they always could try the pro tour.

1 comment: