Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blog Action Day '09: Climate Change


Old Wahoo is proud to take part in Blog Action Day '09: Climate Change. I don't plan on preaching about global warming because I figure most people can decide for themselves, but I am proud that my sons already feel motivated to help the environment.
Rob and Alex both help recycle at home, and both have loved the Earth Day programs put on by LocalMotion at Grosse Pointe Woods. They even get preachy about the environment, lecturing anyone who will listen about the importance of recycling and keeping the planet clean. They have even inspired me to do more (such as insulating the hot water heater), though there is much more that can be done. (And much is easy, such as turning off all the lights and appliances when leaving the house).
Thanks in part to Rob and Alex, I'm optimistic for the future. (After all, the End of the World has been proclaimed by Nostradamus many times.) Seriously, though, there is hope. I believe that the younger generations are taking the challenge of climate change with urgency (check out the Web site Kids vs. Global Warming).
More important than hope, there is action. If we all do more, we can make a difference. The future depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment