Thursday, October 22, 2009

Infotainment

Old Wahoo and the boys watched the UVa-Maryland game last weekend, and while all were satisfied with the outcome (20-9 Wahoos), the boys loved the commercials even more.
Rob and Alex cannot get enough infomercials. On Saturday, they were enthralled by an advertisement for a riding leaf mower (unfortunately, I cannot remember the name; if somebody was watching the game and remembers, please send me a note). The commercial, of course, touts the time-saving aspects of the mower, and the boys ate it up, so much so that Rob uttered this gem: "Dad, aren't you tired of wasting your weekends on yard work?" When I told him I actually liked yard work and said that I expect him to help out more when he gets older, he was most displeased. He'll probably try talk me into purchasing the Leaf Taco.
ESPNU also offered this gem for the Perfect Brownie. By the way, the boys' all-time favorite is the Shark Steam Mop. They still don't understand why we haven't bought it yet.

2 comments:

  1. I want one of each for Christmas. And just imagine how useful the Leaf Taco would be for a hit man—fill it, fold it, bag it (and look for a hole in the ground.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Leaf Taco sounds very versatile, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete