Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just Another Manic Morning

Once again, Old Wahoo went bananas this morning, even though I had blueberries on my cereal.
Between fixing breakfast and lunch, Alex dawdling and Rob poking and prodding his brothers, I lost my cool for the second straight morning. To cap it off, in fact, Matt gave me a particularly ripe diaper. Good times were here again, and I went on a storming-I'm-only-speaking-in-short-loud-guttural-phrases mini-rampage. Moms and Dads endure these type of things everyday, but these frustrations have their own uniquely aggravating feel.
But as my Grandma keeps telling me, "This, too, shall pass."
Of course, it did, thanks to a bike ride I didn't want to take and even blamed my wife (in my own, charming passive-aggressive way) for making me take with the boys on the way to Rob's school. Rob quickly showed his good size, pointing out construction projects and planning for his next contraption. Alex, well, he just displayed those blue eyes and made it impossible not to smile. And the Moose, Matt, waved to everybody, from construction workers to the poor, lonely, fat kid walking to school. How can you not love that?
Look, the bike ride didn't make everything better. I'm still a bit cranky. But it helped, and seeing the good in the boys helped more. 
Still, even the good times will pass.
In fact, when I returned home, I discovered a milk-Cheerios spill in the kitchen, which threatens the fragile (and ever-so clean) ecosystem there.
I guess I better clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment