Thursday, June 4, 2009

All a blur


It's been a busy few weeks, from Alex's preschool graduation to Matt's baptism and a little bit of everything in between. 
  • Alex had a preschool picnic in the rain, and though it may have made me cringe, the boys loved playing in the puddles. 
  • My parents flew in from Virginia for the baptism, and it was great seeing them, even though I had to work much of the time they were here.
  • We had baptism "practice" - really a brief overview of the service and what we had to say - and Matt rambled through the church like a bull in a china shop - or maybe a Moose in a sanctuary. Though he howled when we pretended to put water on him, he was pretty composed for the service on Sunday, even though all he wanted to do was sit with his big brothers.
  • We had a baptism picnic after the service, which I think went well. I was pretty zoned out by then, though. 
  • On Monday, Old Wahoo helped Rob's first-grade class with a lemonade stand, which was moved inside because of the weather. I think we made enough lemonade to slake the entire Grosse Pointe Schools' thirst.
Now I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment