Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Father's Thoughts

John Clexton is a librarian and father of three who lives in Grosse Pointe Park. Two of his favorite movies are "Better Off Dead" and "Strange Brew," so he's pretty cool. His wife, Kim, writes a blog at Mad Mommy Meanderings.

Age?
39 I think (sometimes 18 , other times 83)
Number of children and their ages? 3 Kids 13,11,7
What is the best part about being a father? Being able to be part of their growing up experience
What is the toughest challenge you face as a father? Trying to be the cool dad, yet not be a total nag
How do you balance career and family responsibilities? What kind of challenges does you career present? I don't know, just kinda happens, lots of time I'm consumed with "so called drama or emergencies" that I really shouldn't have to deal with or worry outside work.
How has fatherhood changed since you were a child? How are you a different father than your father? I don't think it has changed too much, except for maybe more demands on working. Somtimes I find it scary that I'm very alike my dad.
What’s the best advice about fatherhood that you’ve received? Best advice is that remember how you thought at that age and take it from their precpective.

1 comment:

  1. That librarian guy sounds hot - can you hook us up???

    Love, love, LOVE that he got the kids' ages right but not his own. That's my guy!

    ReplyDelete