Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another Father's Thoughts

John Richardson, an old apartment-mate of Old Wahoo's from the University of Virginia, offers his thoughts on fatherhood.

Age? 35

Number of children and their ages? 2 – 4 and 6

Occupation? Manager of Natural Gas for Dominion – Virginia Power

What is the best part about being a father? Seeing them everyday and knowing I had a part in their creation

What is the toughest challenge you face as a father? Discipline and understanding how they learn in order to help them

How do you balance career and family responsibilities? What kind of challenges does you career present? My job is generally flexible but sometimes I do miss out on events that occur during the day

How has fatherhood changed since you were a child? How are you a different father than your father? I think fathers are more involved in their kids daily life; I am not sure how I am different than my dad since I am sure I will change as a father as my kids get older; I can’t really compare apples to apples since I don’t remember what type of dad my father was when I was my kid’s ages.

What’s the best advice about fatherhood that you’ve received? No matter what, always let them know you love them….

No comments:

Post a Comment